The wedding reception is a crucial part of your big day. Your first wedding dance is something that you’ll cherish forever. So far, you’ve carefully planned out who is sitting at which table, whether to hire a DJ or a band, what food to serve, and what centerpieces to use. The only thing you are missing is a first wedding dance song. Do you want to pick a classic that everyone loves? A contemporary hit? Or what about a song that is generally unknown?
Spotify, the hugely popular digital music service, recently released a list of the top 50 first wedding dance songs. At the top of the list are Ed Sheeran’s “Thinking Out Loud” and Etta James’s “At Last.” Those songs may be the perfect fit for many couples, but others may want to be unique and go with something less frequently picked. If you are part of the latter group, here is a list of first dance songs that do NOT appear on Spotify’s list.
1. “Over And Over Again” by Nathan Sykes
2. “Take My Breath Away” by Berlin
3. “Just The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
4. “My Cherie Amour” by Stevie Wonder
5. “Right Back Where We Started” by Maxine Nightingale
6. “I See the Light” by Mandy Moore & Zachary Levi
7. “Some Kind of Wonderful” by Michael Buble
8. “Rhythm of Love” by Plain White T’s
9. “A Moment Like This” by Kelly Clarkson
10. “Dancing in the Moonlight” by Toploader