Your wedding planning is a long process that involves a lot of time and stress. But when it’s over – it’s time to relax. Hopefully!
And the ideal honeymoon for most is a stress free break in an exotic destination with plenty of sunshine and culture.
These days – the world really is your oyster when it comes to choosing the ideal honeymoon location. But the world is a BIG place! Where to go? What to do?
We’re here to help you. Below are just a few honeymoon ideas:
• Always popular with newlyweds, Italy is a romantic and beautiful country – from the sophisticated elegance and natural beauty of Sorrento to the inspiring energy of Rome.
• Competing with Italy in the romantic destination stakes is the Dubrovnik Riviera in Croatia. The area enjoys an old world atmosphere and unspoiled beauty, coupled with top class hotels in stunning locations and boasting panoramic views of the Adriatic and Elaphite Islands.
• Many long-haul honeymooners are now opting for Mauritius – often described as the ultimate paradise with white sandy beaches, coral lagoons and sweeping sugar plantations. Mauritius has dozens of quiet romantic hideaways and has traditionally been one of the most popular honeymoon destinations with lots of top-class resorts to choose from.
• St Lucia is another honeymoon hot spot. The island is one of the most scenic in the Caribbean, with a stunning coastline of powder fine sandy beaches overlooked by volcanic peaks. It’s the perfect post-wedding destination for a quiet and relaxing escape.
• Around the other side of the world, New Zealand is a simply stunning destination. A country of incredible contrasts you can climb a glacier, hike across a volcano, swim with dolphins, watch whales or just bask on a beautiful beach.
• Thailand is another choice for the adventurous couple. The South East Asian country has great value hotels with excellent facilities and world-renowned hospitality, stunning beaches, rainforest adventures, fascinating culture and bargain basement shopping.
• Lanzarote is another great destination for fantastic picture perfect honeymoon snaps. Couples can laze away by the beach or pool or take advantage of vibrant and varied night life in the island’s many restaurants, clubs and bars. Newly weds feeling energized by love can enjoy jet skiing or wind surfing while a romantic trip to the volcanic landscape of Timanfaya National Park is certain to take the breath away.
• Portugal is another honeymoon hot-spot. The 160km coastal stretch along the Portuguese Algarve boasts spectacular scenery, warm seas and a fantastic sunny climate. Renowned for its spectacular beaches, the Algarve is dotted with hidden coves and relaxing beaches where the water is calm. Do you like to golf? Grooms might take note of the 30 golf courses in the region while brides might be tempted by the shopping opportunities with an abundance of cheap handmade silver, ceramics, leather goods and jewellery on offer in the markets.
• Majorca – the largest of the beautiful Balearic Islands – has long been a favorite with newlyweds. Majorca has a typical Mediterranean climate. In summer, the average temperature is 74º Fahrenheit and the skies remain blue throughout the season.
• Munnar will be the perfect honeymoon destination in Kerala. It has been chosen as the “Best Romantic Destination in India” by Lonely Planet. The misty climate and the eye catching sights of the lush tea plantations are its specialties. Munnar is located in the Western Ghats 1,532 m above sea level. Munnar is an ideal place to spend your happy honeymoon days. Mountains, greenery, trekking, amazing wildlife, exotic waterfalls, and lakes and of course the tea gardens make it as a paradise destination for all kinds of travelers. When you go for Kerala tour packages to Munnar there are plenty of splendid places to visit. Cheeyappara waterfalls, Attukal waterfalls, Tea Museum, Echo point, Mattupetty Dam, Kundala Lake, Top station, and Eravikulam national park are some of the popular destinations in Munnar that you can include in your travel itinerary.
• If you want to have some unique travel experience you just go for a backwater honeymoon trip to Alleppey. The spectacular views of the pristine nature will entice you. A luxury house boat trip with your better half will be an everlasting memory for you. You can have delicious sea foods during the house boat cruise. The paddy fields, small canals and palm lined waterways and the village ambiance give an exotic look to Alleppey. There are lots backwater resorts with luxurious amenities and features. So plan your Kerala trip with some trusted tour operator to this God’s own country.